Wednesday, October 14, 2009

they said such event would never take place here

after spending years trying to get rid of 'the city of religious war' image, my beloved city of Ambon has finally got something to be proud of : an international jazz event

in spite of the very bad coordination of the committee members, the event was still something to be happy about, especially because there, the Moslems and Christians united as one to celebrate our musical roots together on October 9-11, 2009.

when it comes to music, Ambonese worship the african american. we dig from hip-hop, r&b, soul, blues, to jazz. It's only in Ambon where you can find public kiosk (warung) playing Akon's hits, public buses playing Saykoji's chart-toppers, and old folks playing jazzy trombone tunes on funerals.

and don't even get me started on the way they dance. they know how to work it on the floor, no matter what age, gender, or social class they're of.

I hope the artists who were affected by the committee's unprofessionalities would still want to come to Ambon next year.

in the mean time, here are some of the pics!


mc-ing with Eqy - one of the local radio dj's


one of my favourite performances : Sould ID - they started with Will Smith's "Party Starter", wicked!


jay-dee seriously danced in a leopard print halter-neck dress and boots during her 7-month pregnancy!


titi sjuman & aksan sjuman's band. I am officially a fan!


Can she get any cooler? gosh. a female drummer, a film scorer, an actress, a mother.


yes, she acted on Mereka Bilang Saya Monyet the movie. check out her songs, 'When You smile' and 'Kerongcong sampai Mati'


you've probably read it in my tweets, I really like Ignatius 'Igor Saykoji' Penyami as an artist.
he's one of the very few I-don't-even-feel-like-I'm-famous Indonesian celebrities. unlike Pasto *blah!


and of course, the beautiful beach yea

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thаnk you, I hаve ϳust bеen looking for informatіon
apρroхіmately thіs ѕubject
foг ages and yourѕ iѕ the greаtеѕt I haνe ԁiscovereԁ till now.
Ηoωeveг, what cοnсerning the bottom lіne?
Are you ѕure concerning the suрρly?
Stop by my web site ... pikavippii

breaking the spell of the typical