Thursday, July 30, 2009

thoughts on the strip (-)

Forgive me for being a bit too deep lately. I've been multi-directionally inspired. And I can't help but writing it here.

Have you ever noticed, that the only thing written on a tomb is full name and date of birth?
(e.g : John Smith, London, March 21, 1897 - June 25, 1950)

Your riches, the school you went to, noble prizes, who knows you, and whom you're married to, would not be permanently carved in your memorial.

Everything you've done your whole life, would only be summarized by that one little strip between the year you got here, and the year you depart from here.

So think about this, before you close your eyes and sleep tonight:
What do I want to be written about me on my tomb?


For me, this sounds like the ultimate meaningful purpose of life :
"
On the day of my funeral, I'd like somebody to mention that Martin Luther King Jr. tried to give his life serving others. That I did try to feed the hungry. That I did try in my life to clothe all to a naked. That I tried to love and serve humanity. And all of the other shallow things will not matter"
-Dr. Rev. Martin Luther King Jr in 1968,the year he was assassinated.

There's gotta be more to life than this, don't you think?

Don't live just to get by.


This sentence was taken from his phenomenal speech 'I have A Dream'.
I am forever changed, Dr.

No comments:

breaking the spell of the typical