Monday, July 20, 2009

have your phones ready.

we are hardcore complainers.
from the fact that restrooms at la codefin kemang have no toilet paper dispenser,
top shop dresses still cost 800 thousand rupiahs after jakarta great sale's further reduction,
someone with such a bad acting as manohara could get a hundred million-rupiahs-per-episode deal,
to our childhood upbringing, parents who were never there, expensive university fees, cheating boyfriends, and jw marriott bombings

-- we whine about them all.

like little babies who cry whenever their diapers get soggy
we manifest our discontent and boredom of what our life has brought us.
we take for granted the little things which are to be grateful for.
simply, because we set our eyes on the things we want or we think we should've had.

as I leaned against the austere white walls of the hospital
I watched how my friend, who drank brainwash and heineken with me last saturday
broke down and cried
for his dad has been in comma since this morning.
he's got blood all over his t-shirt
for carrying his dad who fell off the second floor. he stared blankly.

'he has always prepared my favorite breakfast, cheese toast and a cup of tea.
but i often rush to work and leave them cold on the table,' he said holding his tears,
regretting those any given mornings where he could've appreciated his dad a little bit more.

:'(

i grabbed my bag and searched for my red phone.
being thankful for the fact that i could still use it to text and call my parents
who have been striving to provide me with the best everything
even if it means to sacrifice their wants, egos, time, health, and life...

we have never been like the brady bunch or the cosbies, my family.
we only see each other once a month since I was 10.
and i'm too used of living alone that i'd likely to neglect them when they're visiting me.

not eating the cereal she prepared, drinking the vitamins she gave, nor reading the books he left on my bed. those little things i know i could've done, but i didn't want to.

whatever we have, whatever we've been through, whatever we'll go through, let us embrace life as it was, as it is, and as it will be, along with everyone in it.

text, call, ping, comment, buzz, nudge people who really treasure you, today.


je, mom, dad. the time,distance, career, and personal life shouldn't change me. sorry, if they have. i love you.

1 comment:

kar said...

this is good stuff.

breaking the spell of the typical