Monday, July 13, 2009

the devil wears supre *haha

i am an editor. a literacy editor. i correct people's grammar and miss-spelling.
i mark out people's words that i think are unnecessary or 'inappropriate'.
i hurt the writers' ego by correcting their paragraphs and paraphrasing their quotes
just because my bosses trust my knowledge and experience



in one fine afternoon, this literacy bitch got an email
she had least expected.
the long electronic message was full with writings she was familiar with
because they turned out to be her own writings
for Sydney's highest circulating Free Asian lifestyle magazine July issue,
only with correction notes in bold red
criticizing her grammatical errors.

'who on earth would send me such correction notes
only a week after the magazine was published?
who is this bitch?', I frowned.

well, well, well. it turned out to be : a NEW contributor.
yes, someone who has only been a contributor in my Sydney magazine for like 3 months.
and you know what! i also found out that she actually emailed my boss
and proposed to be the new sub-editor
because she 'wanted to help with the magazine's literacy'
'don't take this the wrong way', she added.

'who does she think she is? merriam webster?' I bitched instantly.
'i'm a senior here. i ain't workin under her!'

ehe. *i usually work until 4 a.m, give me a break. i deserve a lil' bitchy moment*

anyways, before i went too far bitching about this newbie, this quote came to mind:
compliment weakens your muscles
rebuke trains them

a slap on my face this quote was.

why do i have to be so insecure about this?
i did make mistakes right? why can't i just take it like a grown up and face it?
thank her for the useful input and just do my best to pay more attention to details?

what's mine will be mine, anyways. i don't have to worry about my boss' trust, right?

so yeah, i text my big boss. apologized for my lack of attention to details. and thanked her for forwarding the newbie's email to me.

we'll see what happens next ;)

No comments:

breaking the spell of the typical