Monday, May 11, 2009

#1 lesson for the 20's club newbie

I've always loved the idea of giving.
The happy expression on the receiver's face is mainly the reason.
There's an unexplainable joy I feel whenever
I succeed making others happy by what I give, do, or say.
I think it's natural.

However, I do realize that it's also natural for us to expect others to treat us just as 'good' as we have treated them.
After all, we are only human.
We want to take, instead of giving most of the times.
And that's where we all start to demand our 'right'.
That's where we all say 'hey, how could you...I did this and that to you'
Oh well. We are only human. We're all immature.

4 days ago was a special day for me. As what I've always done in the past few years, I started
by praying.Then at 00.00, I would take a deep breath, smile, and say to myself 'here we go, another new round of life'. And that's usually when the phones start to ring, or sometimes, a few people would come to wish me a Happy Birthday in person.

Most importantly in this case, that's when my automatic 'Do-You-Care-about-Me' barometer is switched on. haha. oh it is natural, admit it, yours do too.

I've always managed to let others know that I care about them, esp. on their birthday.
Arranging unforgettable surprise parties if possible, making videos, simply calling them, or even buying presents just to make them feel special.
Not because I have too much money, in fact I don't. I just love to give.

But then again, that human aspect of all of us make all of us think and respond to it differently.

I guess the first lesson I learned in my 20th year of age :
The highest expression of love is to give without expecting

May I learn to give even more, and to expect even less.

I appreciate each one of your wishes. even the ones with just 4 words in my fb wall :)

R, J, and R, you guys made my day. Thank You.
and Mrs. F, your present is exactly what I've been praying for, Thank You.

1 comment:

Linguistic Geek said...

wayy too goo darlaa... what a nice lesson you learned!

breaking the spell of the typical