Wednesday, November 4, 2009

the 'trying so hard'-ers at 365

4th of November 2009, 'Facehunter' party at 365 Ecobar, Kemang.

so basically this infamous photographer/blogger came to Jakarta for 3 days. he's known for the street style photographs he took all over the world (like the Sartorialist). knowing this, tons of people came to the party to meet him, and of course, to get photographed by him.

the party was literally boiling. people dressed their best, to impress yvan. some even pulled him, talked to him like they've known him forever, and danced with him like they would sleep with him.

poor yvan rodic, he was like squeezed and touched by girls dying to be his model.
the girl behind, in white, on the table? behind her, there was another girl. who was wearing a long black tutu, looking like Rob Zombie's bride. with her red lips, she was banging her hands on the wall, trying to look like she was so into the beat. and of course, yvan took a picture of her.

do you really have to embarrass yourself and look very odd for people to notice you?


being the 'cool & don't-want-to-look-like-i-want-to-be-photographed' girl,
I finally got out of my box and said hi to him. he photographed my face, with his camera only 5 cm away from me. it must be one sweaty picture of mine. with my pores all over. haha. whatev.
at least, I learned how to do some 'networking' and talk to famous people without being too perky. coz it's really not my style, seriously.

I prefer Alexa Chung's poise rather than Miley Cyrus' over-bubbly-ness.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

oh geez, thats yvan rodic!!!!

hahaha, and its you, deb!!!

and it's me, ario. lol

so what did u say when u said hi to him????

just followed ur blog! glad to finally meet u cyber as well!

breaking the spell of the typical